Beginners Python 3 foundation
Python is one of the most important programming languages used today. Popular in both education and in the professional world, Python is used in Ai, machine learning, web app creation with frameworks like Django. Beginners Python 3, is our new Python course specially designed to make learning Python easy.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Python
- Python learning tips
- Install Python 3.6 on Mac
- Install Python on Windows
- Your first Python code!
Chapter 2: Data types and variables
- Data Types: string and int + comments
- Intro to Variables and Floats
- Why so many programming languages?
- Comments and variables - round two!!
- Variables – behind the scenes
- Mixing the data types string and int
Chapter 3: Learn Python while Drawing
- Intro to drawing with Python
- IDEs Explained
- Python Loops Introduction
- Python Loops with range()
- Python drawing with loops
- Python conditional statements – part 1
- Python operators
- Drawing with loops and conditionals – part 1
- Drawing with loops and conditionals – part 2
Chapter 4: Python collections
- Python history and Philosophy
- Python List - introduction
- Python List - reverse and count functions
- Python List - len function and del
- Python Sequences Overview and Review
- Python Dictionary / Maps continued
- Python Dictionary / Maps – updating, inserting and deleting
Chapter 5: Functions and loops
- Python PEP 8
- Input function
- While loops and infinite loops
- Nerd words: keywords, syntax, statements, expressions
- Functions, creating, calling and indents
- Functions, simple game and flow control
- Functions, arguments / parameters and return values
- Function arguments and variable scope
- Functions – multiple parameters
- Flow control with elif and else
- Function in functions and type conversion
Chapter 6: Treasure hunt game
- Treasure Hunt Game – create function skeletons
- Treasure Hunt Game – docstring
- Treasure Hunt Game – function returns
- Treasure Hunt Game – enter_cave function
- Treasure Hunt Game – main_loop
Chapter 7: Python OOP
- OOP basic concepts
- Creating our first class
- OOP - methods and init
- OOP - tkinter - basic gui and objects
- OOP - tkinter gui with an image
- MyDoctor - class skeleton
- MyDoctor - instantiate the class
- MyDoctor - nerd class details
- MyDoctor - docstring and __doc__
- Why write Object Oriented Python Code?
- OO - inheritance basics
- OO overriding __str__ special method
- Method and function default values
- Creating and using Modules
Chapter 8: Files and Exceptions
- Opening Files with Python
- Opening Files - creating functions
- Opening Files - creating a class
- Opening Files - exceptions
- Opening Files - writing files
- Advanced exceptions / error handling
- Reading files line by line
- Searching files - simple line search
- Searching files - regular expressions
Project courses teach students practical real-world development with small scale web projects.
Exam courses comprise of multiple choice questions only and cover material from other courses
Are source files included?
Yes, all courses come with downloadable source files.
What if I need support?
For technical support, please visit our support page.